Alaska Gold Rush History & Genealogy

(AKA Wrights & Nolan Creek)

Wiseman, in the Brooks Range, was first called Wrights. ? Wright had a roadhouse at the mouth of Nolan Creek in the early 1900s. It was later called Nolan and finally Wiseman. It was founded by gold miners who abandoned the Coldfoot (Slate Creek) settlement around 1912.

HomeGenealogy Photo CollectionsTowns & Gold CampsCreeksFraternal OrganizationsCemeteries Maps Newspapers Mining Districts

©2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Nugget Ranch LLC