is located at 64°44'26?N 156°53'8?W64.74056°N 156.88556°W
Galena is located on the north bank of the Yukon River, 72 km (45
miles) east of Nulato
Galena was established in 1918 near an Athabascan fish camp called
Henry's Point. It became a supply and point for nearby lead ore
mines that opened in 1918 and 1919.
In 1920, Athabascans living upriver at Louden began moving to
Galena to sell wood to steamboats and to work hauling freight for