1909 On the upper Chandalar River in the northeastern Yukon
basin. The center of prospecting activity. It was headquarters
of the commissioner for the Chandalar district. The Chandalar diggings
were discovered in 1905 They are reached by way of the Chandalar
River which flows into the Yukon River a short distance below Fort
Yukon There are comparatively few people in this camp and the total
production is less than $100,000 .