Ghost town. About 2 miles SE from Ester. Clarence Berry claims..
The Berry Post Office moved in 1910 from near the Berry brothers'
claim about two miles downstream from Ester City into J.C. Kinney's
general store in Ester. (The post office retained the name of Berry
until 1965, when it was finally changed to that of the town it had
been in for 55 years.)
1909 a thriving settlement in the Fairbanks area serving as a local
supply point for the near by creeks. The General conditions in the
creek towns are similar to conditions in Fairbanks which is the
supply point for all of them. Prices of all materials are considerably
higher in the creek towns than in Fairbanks owing to the cost of
In the mid-1920s, the Fairbanks Exploration Company began buying
claims on Ester Creek, started operations in 1929, and in 1933 built
a mess hall for their camp in Ester (now a historic landmark used
until 2008 as a tourist attraction and hotel). The F.E. Company
revitalized the town, but they also literally reshaped it, doing
large-scale open pit mining using enormous floating dredges and
draglines, removing in the process much of the original sites of
Berry and Ester.