Alaska Gold Rush History & Genealogy

Alakanuk is located at the east entrance of Alakanuk Pass, on the major southern channel of the Yukon River, 15 miles (24 km) from the Bering Sea. A native village that dates back before 1899. A Catholic mission school was built near the village. A post office was established in 1946. In 1948, the school was relocated to St. Mary's.

 

HomeGenealogy Photo CollectionsTowns & Gold CampsCreeksFraternal OrganizationsCemeteries Maps Newspapers Mining Districts

©2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Nugget Ranch LLC